Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Can't seem to get the program to read the screen

Can't seem to get the program to read the screen
March 19, 2013 10:31AM
I can't seem to get any of the automatic functions to work in the mining log, and the screenshots will not read as well. There is no problem with them, they come out fine, but none of them read, the map won't auto-update, it won't read the screen automatically or detect when probes dropped, etc.

I tried adjusting the position and size of the radar in small increments while moving, moving the picture of the deed (with pictur eof deed in shot, and not in shot, both rotating and stationary), moving the radar, full screen, no full screen, admin rights, no admin rights for both the .exe and the game .exe, running the updater or the program itself, shutting down all other programs, disabling anti-virus, firewall...

I'm at a loss. It seems incapable of reading my game screen but can take a perfect screenshot.

Suggestions?
Ido
Re: Can't seem to get the program to read the screen
March 19, 2013 05:01PM
Hi,

Does the tool work fine when you manually press the buttons on the program?

What version of the tool are you running?

Did you enable the automatic features in the settings panel?

I'm sure we will figure this out winking smiley
Ido

March 19, 2013 06:16PM
I am using 9.3.2, and have tried running the program itself or letting the updater start the program.

Some of the buttons register when I press them (ie. it will put a scan marker on the map if I manually press the button, it will attempt, but always fail, to scan the claim object when I hit print screen, etc.)

I have tried having the automatic feature both active and inactive.

In the past, I have had problems on my computer with temp files being set to read only, I don't know if this is helpful or not.

Furthermore, upon hitting 'p' for the first time (at least on Arkadia) there is this error:

3/19/2013 3:16:22 AM
App version: 0.9.3.2
Error Message: 813

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: capacity was less than the current size.
Parameter name: value
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.set_Capacity(Int32 value)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.EnsureCapacity(Int32 min)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Add(T item)
at ( ,  )

Just seems like a resource loading error, shouldn't effect my problem though.
Ido
March 19, 2013 08:24PM
http://www.mininglog.com/intro.php

If you have followed the setup procedure from this guide .. can you send me a screenshot of the program failing to capture the text from your claim information window?

Ido

March 19, 2013 11:20PM
BTW, Ido, I don't know if you've discovered it yet, but this latest VU gives us the ability to change the size of the radar to HUGE. It's a bit harder now to find the "proper" size radar LBML to scan (there's a small range, too big/too small won't scan, at least on my computer).
Ido
March 20, 2013 02:36AM
didn't know that thanks for letting me know .. i will try to sort it out somehow..

March 20, 2013 05:12AM
Here's a screenshot, I have dozens if need be.
Attachments:
open | download - 2600_02_56_19.png (1.64 MB)
Ido
March 20, 2013 05:55PM
I have investigated your screenshot and there is something wrong with the graphics .. either you are playing on LOW graphics settings or you have compressed/resized the image you uploaded

Any of these?

March 20, 2013 06:45PM
Environment is set to low, everything else is high. The images were just pulled by the program, I took them and pasted the link in the upload button.

However, my resolution is set to 1366x800 (or something close to that, I can't log in because the servers are down...)

I shall investigate changing the different resolutions. I cannot set it to my desktop size (1600x900) as I did not see that option.

Does it need to NOT be a widescreen resolution?
Ido
March 20, 2013 08:03PM
resolution should not be the issue .. but the graphics quality most certainly is .. when running at low and the graphics like window borders and icons become lesser quality causes the tool to be unable to recognize them..

please first try to set things to medium and see if it helps

Ido

March 21, 2013 02:33AM
The radar in that pic is too big. I actually have no problem scanning on low settings, but when I make the radar that big, it can't recognize it. Try making it exactly this size:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2013 02:34AM by Neil Greenleaf Stockton.
Attachments:
open | download - radar size.jpg (33.4 KB)
Ido
March 21, 2013 02:43AM
this is true .. the radar will work only on one setting.. however in the image Gotthard sent me the graphics was of lesser quality than on medium high and very high settings .. and if the window frames graphics is different the tool is unable to correctly recognize where to find which window

Ido

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2013 02:44AM by Ido.
March 21, 2013 06:37AM
The only graphics I turned down was anti-aliasing and the trees. Everything else is high. I fixed the radar size and turned on anti-aliasing 2x, the radar will now update correctly (its a VERY exact size, super annoying) but it will still not read the deeds. New picture with the settings changed.

Here are the screenshot settings:

<add key="Image_ErrorFolder" value="Errors\" />
<add key="Image_SuccessFolder" value="Screenshots\" />
<add key="Image_JpegQuality" value="80" />
<add key="Screenshot_Enable" value="1" />
<add key="Screenshot_AutoDelay" value="500" />
<add key="Screenshot_IsPng" value="0" />
<add key="Screenshot_JpegQuality" value="80" />

[edit]
Radar is finicky, not sure how it's supposed to act, will jump around sometimes. Will do no autodetecting, but I can get the hotkeys to drop the probes. I tried anti-aliasing 4x, which didn't seem to do anything. I tried turning on and off almostall graphics settings, full screen, different resolutions to no effect. Messed with the gamma, contrast, etc. Could you post a picture on HOW it's supposed to look?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2013 08:11AM by Gotthard Jaeger Heinrici.
Attachments:
open | download - 2600_23_34_43.png (1.65 MB)
Ido
April 22, 2013 04:39PM
You seem to be affected by the same problem another user is having .. see this post for explanation of what is going on:

[www.mininglog.com]