Welcome! Log In

Advanced

LBML on windows 8.1

Posted by Slaren Fen Fenra 
LBML on windows 8.1
April 16, 2014 07:52AM
Hey Peoples of EU

Im running Win 8.1, and after a complete remake of a new character in EU (Ark) I have come back to EU after a few years Break. When I used to play I aways had the same idea to have a system like LBML to map everything to do with mining its a really great idea.

I downloaded and installed the program the other day. After a good hour I managed to get the tracking going but then every 10 seconds windows through up a "Allow program to run" for the server part of LBML and would stop responding. I clicked the "Always run" box but nothing changed then LBML just stopped.

So while the app was working and the circle was following my position on the map I dropped a mining probe. It Located the first drop then just stopped working. Then I moved a bit hit "P" and it found me then another probe and I found some ore, BUT LBML didnt register my movement nor did it pick up on the Deed. Even after Hitting the manual button to Scan it couldnt see it.

I have gone into compatibility mode and ticked Disable display scaling (windows 8.1)

Can not get it running. any Ideas of what im doing wrong or any settings I should try would be appreciated. I have gone thru the setting list from start to finish 3 times now and still cant get it going.

Slaren
Ido
Re: LBML on windows 8.1
April 16, 2014 08:46PM
If something is blocking the lbmltessaserver process the OCR will not work .. that process is responsible for translating the image into data for the program to understand.. I'm thinking your problems are due to it not running correctly.

April 17, 2014 12:30PM
heya thanks for your reply, that is running currently theres two of them running in the task manager

its picking up my movement, not smooth like some of the you tube vids i have seen it jumps to my position often (like lag) but its like its not watching my screen, if i hit scan it says it cant.

im not sure what setting would be that issue

and its not picking up when I drop probes
not auto starting a run

also its saving images as .png instead of .jpg as I have set it to

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2014 12:53PM by Slaren Fen Fenra.
Ido
April 17, 2014 05:38PM
errors are always saved as png ..

do you have the proper Auto options enabled ?

April 17, 2014 07:06PM
Ido
errors are always saved as png ..

do you have the proper Auto options enabled ?

What are the Auto ones, ive set it up as per the guide
Ido
April 17, 2014 08:13PM
all the auto detection check boxes checked?

April 17, 2014 09:29PM
i helped him, and used my copy since the 0.3 version that works on my pc,,

it detects movement and /pos

but for some reason doesn;t detect the drops and the item window scan,
when i press scan manually, and check the error log, the picture is perfect,

maybe ur right its the ocr thingy. ..

i'm guessing his antivirus is preventing it ...

it did pop up on the lbmlupdate and mininglog.exe

advised to shutdown the antivirus to try it ...

8.1 is a pain in the arse ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2014 09:35PM by Henry BabyOxide Ha.
April 17, 2014 09:47PM
tried win7 comptibility with admin rights

tried re-installing..

no luck at all ...

it makes no sense if ocr was required to read radar movement ...

it should work ...

but its the radar that works but not the drop detection or claims... weird

has any one else with windows 8.1 that works with lbml or everyone is smart enough to stay win 7 ?
Ido
April 17, 2014 10:43PM
maybe you have gfx card driver level image processing enabled that is messing with window detection?

Maybe you're gamma and brightness are not at default ?

June 25, 2014 09:03AM
Exactly the same problem i am having on Windows 8.1, but before LBML updated everything was working fine.
Ido
June 25, 2014 04:21PM
did you try to revert back to the previous version of LBML by using the exe from a zip in the updates folder ?

Does it still work?