Welcome! Log In

Advanced

updating problem solved. working location!!!

updating problem solved. working location!!!
January 02, 2014 04:29PM
hi,

first of all i don't know if i post this topic in the right place...

i've managed to solve that update error that causes the position recognition problems(after i've done everything from the guide and nothig....instaled/reinstaled the program, still nothing...updated few times with that error, still nothing....playing around with radar dimension, still nothing).

here is what i've done:
1. downloaded the program
2. unzip it somewhere
3. running ONLY ONCE LittleBigMiningLog.exe (it will give and error, ignore it...press ok)
4. it will pop up again the window asking if you want to make the update...PRESS NO.
5. (HERE IS THE TRICK!!!) go in updates folder (should be like this I:\LBML\updates) or how u've named the primary directory
6. open archive LBML v0.9.3.3 (the archive name will take the name of your primary directory)
7. verify that items from the archive are the same with the ones from the main directory by the time on the modified collumn (you'll see that there will be one item with problem : LittleBigMiningLog.exe.config) ...unzip it in the main directory
8. run LittleBigMiningLog.exe again...make the update...and now should work.

i hope that you'll understand something from heresmiling smiley)
thx.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 04:37PM by gica termopan petrica.
Re: updating problem solved. working location!!!
January 02, 2014 04:36PM
also...

for those that, after they downloaded the software and, will first run Updater.exe and get that error...
the updater will work after you'll create the folder named "updates" and another new folder in it named "tmp_updater"
after this Updater.exe will work and download the updates

BUT...you'll get the same error for v0.9.3.4
repeat steps 5,6,7 form previous post and the program will run fine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2014 04:37PM by gica termopan petrica.
Re: updating problem solved. working location!!!
January 03, 2014 07:07AM
Thanks for posting; this procedure seems to work.