Welcome! Log In

Advanced

can't open zip file

Posted by Hermes Trismegiste 
can't open zip file
May 15, 2013 03:00AM
Hi,
I've downloaded the file LBMLv0.9.3.0.zip at [www.mininglog.com] at least 10 times (very slow download) and everytime i try to open it i get this error:
! C:\Users\XPS\Downloads\games\planet calypso\LBMLv0.9.3.0.zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
I tried with winzip and winrar, same problem...
are there any alternative download links available?
Ido
Re: can't open zip file
May 15, 2013 03:52AM
Hi,
I use 7 zip but the zip format you should be able to open it even with windows explorer (using rightclick explore or open folder) and just copy paste the files from inside the zip to a new directory

Im not sure where the problem comes from but the archive is correct..

its a big download due to the maps ~50Mb

May 15, 2013 01:57PM
Ido
Hi,
I use 7 zip but the zip format you should be able to open it even with windows explorer (using rightclick explore or open folder) and just copy paste the files from inside the zip to a new directory

Im not sure where the problem comes from but the archive is correct..

its a big download due to the maps ~50Mb

ahm, I tried right click and then used all the possible options on each of the 10 downoads I did of the same file, allways the same error. The file is DELIVERED corrupted, it's not a local problem on my machine, i test downloaded other zip files that work just fine.
I noticed the huge time delay in downloading the file, more than 30 minutes (my adsl is 10m/45k), I did a little surfing on mininglog.com and find the site globally a bit slow, so my (and winzip error information) Idea is that the file is being corrupted when downloaded.
Anybody has a copy of it on computer I create a drop box where we could share it.

Help PLS
Ido
May 15, 2013 10:08PM
i can drop it in your dropbox my username is idosunrider@op.pl

in any case its strange you are hving issues with the site .. be warned these issues might also affect you tool performance as it interacts with the site too.

Where are you from? for me the 43.2 mb dl takes less than 1 min

Ido
May 15, 2013 10:09PM
isw it possible you have some scanning antivirus defender etc program that might do something ot the zip? i know avast has an issue with the encryption tools i use to protect the executable and is flaging the file as generic threat

May 15, 2013 11:47PM
Ido
isw it possible you have some scanning antivirus defender etc program that might do something ot the zip? i know avast has an issue with the encryption tools i use to protect the executable and is flaging the file as generic threat

Hi and thanks for the info,
i'm in spain, usualy don't have speed issues from servers wordwide, good connection, except with this one...
i'm using avira, didn't come up with any warnings when downloading
maybe you can add the link to the file in dropbox
thanks
May 16, 2013 12:09AM
I ran some tests on the server mininglog.com
Your server failed to respond within 15 sec. We gave up.

Statistics of our free speed tests for the week ending 9-May-13:
Number of URLs tested Average speed Number of results slower than 10 sec
2789 7.4 sec 538 (19 percent of all tests)

i further downloaded the file from diferent computers at other lcoations and got the same issue...
Ido
May 16, 2013 06:01AM
Hi,

i have uploded the 9.3.0 to dropbox for you

i hope the pathes will download fine with the automatic updater .. if not i can upload those to dropbox for you too

[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

May 16, 2013 12:55PM
Ido
Hi,

i have uploded the 9.3.0 to dropbox for you

i hope the pathes will download fine with the automatic updater .. if not i can upload those to dropbox for you too

[dl.dropboxusercontent.com]

worked 100% at 1st try, thank you very much