Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Radar

Posted by xxPriestxx 
Radar
January 12, 2016 11:01PM
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help...
I've tried for a few days now to get the radar captured so I can use that feature, and no matter what I try I have no luck, the bar stays red.

At first, I was trying to fit the radar in the rectangle. I then re-read everything and put the radar at the very top left of my screen (even though it wasnt in the rectangle capture in LBML), clicked the white arrow in the image, etc, etc and it just does an endless loop of that.

Then, I tried fitting it to the rectangle to get the exact size, moving it to the top left of the screen, same result.

I'm at the point where I have no idea what else to try.

What works to get this thing synched up?
Ido
Re: Radar
January 12, 2016 11:16PM
Hi

Do other auto features work?
After you click the tip of the arrow it will show you the 2 radar coordinate numbers and you should be done.

If it doesn't show the Lon and Lat text and coordinates after the final step you positioned it wrong.
If it does but still shows a red bar try with a larger radar size (maybe start with Maximum)

If it doesn't work on maximum maybe there is a general issue with auto detect features (like you are using nvidia with some post processing or playing on low or safe mode?

Ido

January 12, 2016 11:26PM
Thanks Ido, yes the other features work fine. I've attached a screenshot of the second step, this is always the result (similar) no matter what size I put the radar. I can absolutely confirm it is in the very top left of the screen.

Any ideas would be appreciated, otherwise I just may not be able to use the tool I suppose.

I tried turning off DPI scaling, I've also tried a few different resolutions, and on both of my monitors.
Attachments:
open | download - Capture.JPG (39.4 KB)
Ido
January 13, 2016 12:31AM
It looks like you are clicking too high. Please send me the image is the magnified arrow and the red dot where you are clicking.. Are you in windowed mode?

January 13, 2016 03:48AM
Ido
It looks like you are clicking too high. Please send me the image is the magnified arrow and the red dot where you are clicking.. Are you in windowed mode?

Hi Ido,
I am using windowed mode (can't figure out how to do this in fullscreen mode). Attached is a screenshot, if this helps...

I've tried everything I can think of at this point. Different resolutions, graphics configurations, monitors... etc.
Attachments:
open | download - Untitled.jpg (115.7 KB)
Ido
January 13, 2016 03:52AM
i would try selecting the pixel (1 down 1 right) for better results .. also did you try increasing the radar size to MAX?

January 13, 2016 04:05AM
Thanks, I will try that. I appreciate the assitance. If I dont get it to work, I just want to say thanks for a great program. I will still use the other features I'm sure
January 13, 2016 04:19AM
Unfortunately still getting the same result
Ido
January 13, 2016 05:07AM
There is no way this will not work grinning smiley

Send me a screenshot of full game window before starting setup

January 13, 2016 05:48AM
Here you go... thumbs up
Attachments:
open | download - SS.JPG (191.1 KB)
Ido
January 13, 2016 04:37PM
did you resize this image to 1321x738 ?

Everything seems very tiny.

Can you send me a full size png? support@mininglog.com

Ido
January 23, 2016 03:22AM
For anyone interested.. we resolved this issue it turned out the pixel ration in resolution scaling was not set to 1:1 .. i guess

here is a comment from xxPriestxx:

I have a very high resolution monitor. I told you I tried adjusting DPI scaling at the application (game) level and it didnt work.
I had to adjust DPI scaling to 100% on my main display settings. That resolved the issue.

January 26, 2016 04:04PM
I have this same issue , and I notice in the youtube video covering the radar alignment , yours you are able to move the radar on the screen and it shows on the capture window.

I have the GeForce GTX 980 video card , and have attempted to find the post processing adjustments and am not quite sure which those are (not your issue I know) . I run on Very High resolution , so I know that's not the issue.

Either way if you can think of anything I would appreciate , as it stands , sometimes the autoscan will work , other times it tells me its too far off.
Ido
January 26, 2016 05:51PM
autoscan will tell you its too far off if your "recorded position" by pressing P or from auto detecting of Radar .. is too far off from the claim deed listed position (as read by the tool)

This is a safeguard for OCR so if it reads the coordinates in a weird way it will not place your claim on a far off part of the map..

If you are having problems getting the radar to work but other scan features work (drop detection, claim reading) it is not because of your nVidia settings.

The Radar setup procedure has changed this year to allow for any radar size. Follow the steps listed in the Auto tab above the picture box
step 1: place your radar in top left of game window (use a medium to large size of radar for best results) Click the capture button.
step 2: on the captured image click the white resize arrow to obtain magnified view
step 3: click the tip of the arrow
step 4: verify the numbers shown in the tool correctly align in the window - detect bar should turn green.

Then you can move your radar anywhere on screen.