Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Black screenshots with 2 monitors

Black screenshots with 2 monitors
January 29, 2015 01:26AM
Hi, I'v been trying to figure this issue out myself for the past day or so, whenever i try taking a screenshot for lbml it comes out black, i'm running windows 8 so i cant disable desktop composition normaly, i did do a temp workaround to see if that was the issue, and it did work though it completely messed up (half of) my 1st screen when i did it (since windows 8 is designed around it always being on), i also found out that if i turned off my 2nd monitor it would also work perfectly fine, though the issue is i need my second monitor working due to my work (being on standby i need to be able to see my 2nd screen 24/7).

Now i'm wondering does anyone know a way to get a 2nd monitor to work with the program without it going black (on windows 8)
if anyone knows a workaround i would really apreciate the help.
Ido
Re: Black screenshots with 2 monitors
January 29, 2015 01:54AM
Are you playing in windowed mode ?

January 29, 2015 02:03AM
yes i am
Ido
January 29, 2015 03:19AM
is entropia on your main window ?

Is your second screen connected to the PC via the same GFX card ?

January 29, 2015 04:21AM
yes and Technicaly yes (its a gtx 690 so its a dual gpu card (aka 2 cards in 1 pci-e slot)
Ido
January 29, 2015 05:29AM
its very strange that this happens when your second monitor is on and does not when its off..

It seems it is related to some windows handling of the 2nd screen .. do you have any programs that might be doing some weird graphical things with the second monitor ?

Can you try stopping every program that is not windows system related and only run entropia + LBML ?

January 29, 2015 08:18AM
took a little bit but i tried shutting down every single program i had running one by one, and none of them seems to have done a single thing still gives the black screenshot when i have the second screen on
Ido
January 29, 2015 04:54PM
I'm not sure why would this happen.. it seems like the OS is doing something weird with your dual monitor setup .. No idea why enabling the second monitor would disable the capture ability of LBML.

I'm out of ideas : (