Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Error message during install, missing files.

Error message during install, missing files.
December 27, 2014 09:06AM
I am trying to install LBML on a new laptop. After downloading and clicking on the application, I am getting the message: "Little Big Mining Log is missing this file from its installation: Maps\\player_hexdrop.dds Run the updater to fix the issue.

I ran the updater and it reinstalled the same version I already had, and the same message pops up when I try to open the program again. Not sure what to do from here.

Thank you.

I forgot to say, Im running Windows 8.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2014 09:06AM by Jeffrey megaman Michael.
Ido
Re: Error message during install, missing files.
December 27, 2014 11:34PM
the file should be in the version 0.9.7.0 release

December 29, 2014 01:47AM
Ah, found it, thank you. I unzipped the files that were in the updates folder. Everything works great now EXCEPT for some reason, I cannot get the map to auto track, no matter what size I make the radar. I start my avatar running in a direction, press P to update the mining map, and slowly adjust the size of the radar trying to get the mining map to auto track, but It never works. Any advice on that?
Thank you.
Ido
December 29, 2014 01:52AM
Start from the minimized radar size and re-size up using the guide window in the Settings->Auto tab .. we have a video on this on our YouTube channel [youtu.be]

December 29, 2014 02:00AM
You beat me to editing my post! smiling smiley It works now. I used the setting window to track and resize my radar, but I forgot that most of my graphics settings were in safe mode, except for avatars. It helps my slow laptop run the game better. I changed it to just the low setting of graphics instead of custom, and now it tracks great. The settings window helped to resize the radar and the color went from red, to orange, to green. Now I wont resize my radar again, that was very helpful actually. It works better than I have ever had it work for me now, and Im excited to get started mining again so that I can save for the grid view. I take it that it is not released yet though? The store with the grid overlay? Can we accumulate points yet? I have lotttts of old data that can be used if that is possible.
Ido
December 29, 2014 02:36AM
you will be able to cash in your beta period claims for miner points once v1.0 is released you can get hex grid straight away for points awarded for donations.. but 1.0 will be around any time now

December 29, 2014 02:41AM
Awesome, I have lots, on Ark especially.