Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Maps not working

Maps not working
December 15, 2014 09:55AM
Was attempting to mine on F.O.M.A. and couldn't get the map to work properly. All functions are working perfectly fine, except maps other than calypso. Following this vid, [www.youtube.com] it seems the maps need to be in .bmp format, while all the map files available on the site are all .DDS format. I have tried going to the filters and selecting Asteroid and it opens the map of asteroid, but all of the functions do not work for this map. He mentioned the maps needing to be the "right size" but doesn't specify the size needed. Am I needing to rename all the map files (except calypso, because it is working fine) or am I needing to search for different maps to use that are in BMP format? I am also, noticing no errors in the error folder.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2014 09:56AM by Kraton Varretor Lokring.
Ido
Re: Maps not working
December 15, 2014 04:59PM
Kraton Varretor Lokring
Was attempting to mine on F.O.M.A. and couldn't get the map to work properly. All functions are working perfectly fine, except maps other than calypso. Following this vid, [www.youtube.com] it seems the maps need to be in .bmp format, while all the map files available on the site are all .DDS format. I have tried going to the filters and selecting Asteroid and it opens the map of asteroid, but all of the functions do not work for this map. He mentioned the maps needing to be the "right size" but doesn't specify the size needed. Am I needing to rename all the map files (except calypso, because it is working fine) or am I needing to search for different maps to use that are in BMP format? I am also, noticing no errors in the error folder.

Hi what was wrong with the map while you where on foma ?

if you want to substitute the maps with other graphics convert you bitmaps into dds (there whwre some changes since the time of that video.. please check out our official YT channel for a setup and start guide.

[www.youtube.com]

If you are getting errors please send them to support@mininglog.com

Ido

December 16, 2014 08:55AM
Ido
Kraton Varretor Lokring

Hi what was wrong with the map while you where on foma ?

if you want to substitute the maps with other graphics convert you bitmaps into dds (there whwre some changes since the time of that video.. please check out our official YT channel for a setup and start guide.

[www.youtube.com]

If you are getting errors please send them to support@mininglog.com

Ido
The map shows, but none of the functions work, currently i haven't changed any of the maps to BMP and they are all dds, unaltered, when i change the map in the filters menu, it shows the map of the planet, but as soon as I press P, it launches the map into a gray zone. As it stands all the map files are what are provided from the website, and in the map folder from a fresh download. Basically what I have seen is that it is not recognizing other maps for me, it may have something to do with the map names not being very specific when talking about other places than calypso for instance, asteroid is noted as map_ast_0.dds rather than asteroid_map_0.dds
Ido
December 16, 2014 05:04PM
The issue si not in the map files and the file names.. if you can see the map when selecting it from the dropdown it means the tool can read it properly.

The issue might be with MA changing the mane of the Asteroid .. what is the title of the entropia.exe window when you are up on the asteroid ?

December 17, 2014 05:00AM
If you are speaking of how it is named while in windows mode, it is Entropia Universe Client (64 bit) [Asteroid]
December 17, 2014 05:04AM
and for some strange reason it JUST started working too after the newest entropia update. so maybe they had made a very slight change, realized it and changed it back to what it should have been
Ido
December 17, 2014 04:58PM
Im glad it works for you now