Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Map engine re-work

Posted by Ido 
Ido
Map engine re-work
November 27, 2012 06:25AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm posting to let you know what I'm currently working on.

In the 0.9.3.2 I added a system for collecting the error codes so i can better understand the key problems occurring for you guys. Because I have been hearing a lot about different issues but i don't get too many error submissions via e-mail i thought this would be a good way to investigate.

Initial results are in and they highlight 2 or 3 main areas where problems occur. And it seems that 8XX errors are one of them especially 818. These are specifically tied to the map system and the Managed Direct X implementation.

I had decided to re-visit the map which seems to be working well but in many cases it crashes with errors or can get slow if there are too many markers on it or if the gfx card is under heavy load. The solution I'm taking is to abandon Managed Direct X and to focus on DirectX with C++ for speed purposes mainly. I hope that in this re-iteration i will be able to focus more on the stability of the map engine so that i can eliminate the potential problems with the current design.

If there are any C++/DirectX experts reading this your help will be appreciated so please reply below or contact me otherwise.

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

Re: Map engine re-work
November 28, 2012 02:30AM
Hey,
I'm a C++ software engineer and have worked (although not excessively) with DirectX. I'd like to help.
Ido
Re: Map engine re-work
November 28, 2012 03:58AM
Rahel Werdi Werdon
Hey,
I'm a C++ software engineer and have worked (although not excessively) with DirectX. I'd like to help.

Great PM with contact request sent! : )

I appreciate all the help i can get.

Ido