Welcome! Log In

Advanced

LBLM Won't log in

LBLM Won't log in
November 29, 2013 04:56AM
I can log in fine to the forums (clearly) but the app won't log in. This started earlier this week, one day I was using it fine the next it just won't log in. The program runs, I get no errors, and nothing changed on my computer from one day to the next. Any idea why the app wouldn't let me log in? I've tried reintalling and I've tried several different versions as well. Honestly I'd be happy to just run it locally if the loging can be bypassed some how, I just want my maps back, lol.
Ido
Re: LBLM Won't log in
November 29, 2013 06:44PM
Does it give you any error on login ?

November 30, 2013 02:30AM
No, no error at all, it is set to log in automatically but doesn't and when i click the log in button nothing happens at all. It's quite frustrating, I was mapping an area I'd never mined before when I lost the use of LBML.
Ido
November 30, 2013 03:39AM
Is it possibile your firewall is blocking the tool ?

November 30, 2013 07:40AM
I've checked this. I was using the tool fine for quite some time and it just wouldn't log in one day. I haven't changed my firewall settings but to be sure I went in and made sure that LBML was on the list of accepted programs.

Does anyone know what port it uses to communicate? I'm wondering if something else isn't already using the same port.
Ido
December 01, 2013 08:25PM
its not opening a socket on any port on your PC in order to log you in .. so that conflict cant exist

can you try running it on a different PC ?

December 02, 2013 07:56AM
It doesn't work on my laptop either. I'll have to see if maybe something was changed on the network gateway.

Just out of curiosity, why is a log-in required?

Edit: Just thought to include this, the updater works fine. It will check for and download updates.

Edit 2: Just talked to my room mate, he hasn't changed anything on the gateway / firewall at all so doubtful that's the cause.

Edit 3: Just tried to run it again (as I have several times a day since it stopped working) and it logged right in, no problems. I changed nothing on my computer or the network gateway.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2013 11:22PM by Getheniel Will Zorander.
Ido
December 04, 2013 12:18AM
hmm maybe there was some internet hickup its hard to say .. i havent made any changes on my side

December 04, 2013 09:35AM
Yeah, it was just weird. I wish I knew what caused it and what fixed it or even just what the issue was. It would have been nice to be able to document a problem and solution rather than just the program randomly stopped working and then started again, lol
December 07, 2013 02:41PM
And it's back to not logging in.

I tried restarting my system and running it before starting anything else, no help there. I have no idea why it started working again and again no idea why it stopped. The only relatively new thing on my computer is a virtual com port driver and the BitMinter client software. These were both present and running when it started working though.

Is there any sort of debugging feature I could use to help locate the trouble? Not having an error message just leaves me guessing and nothing I've tried works.

EDIT: I think I found the issue. I loaded up wireshark to see if I could figure anything out. One of my room mates downloaded some movie and now Comcast is spiking every web page with a warning against compyright infringement. It seems that the response from the LBML server is having this code inserted as well and so the app does not get the correct response from the login.

Hooray for protocol analyzers, boo for ISPs adding code to every http response. I'll just have to get my room mate to sort this thing out with Comcast.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2013 03:29PM by Getheniel Will Zorander.
December 09, 2013 05:53AM
Got Comcast to stop the code injection for the CAS warning and LBML logs in fine now, so that was the issue.

A solution to stop this would be to use a VPN or SSL/TLS or the encryption method of your choice for the traffic to/from the app. There are 5 US ISP's that do this sort of thing so I imagine the issue will arise again for someone in the future.
Ido
December 09, 2013 02:51PM
Thanks for the update, however untill i can afford my own private server i have to use whats available... I would like the most to set this up using server sockets and have a full force backend running on the server ..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2013 02:51PM by Ido.