Welcome! Log In

Advanced

"Hidden" Export Files and Directories

Posted by Jim Boegs Boegman 
"Hidden" Export Files and Directories
August 29, 2013 06:20PM
I've run into a weird situation with LBML ... it seems to be running OK (well, it generates an error dialog on startup that says "An applciation Error #5 occured.", but after that everything seems to run OK) ... except when I try to export data via the File->Export option the files that are created can only be accessed via LBML.

When I navigate to the directory where the files are located in Windows Explorer, the files aren't listed in the directory (even when Explorer is run as Administrator). It's like the file doesn't exist. But within the File-Export file dialog from LBML I can see the file and I can re-import the file via File->Import. This happens with every file type exported. In the LBML File dialog, the file is displayed with a small lock icon next to it ... but I can't find any security or permission setting in the properties of the file (when I examine them via the LBML File dialog, since I can't even see the file in Windows Explorer) that appears to be denying access to the file to any user.

The same setting is apparently also applying to the Errors, Screenshots, and Updates directories under LBML (so I can't send you any error log files from the Errors directory, since outside of LBML the directory doesn't seem to exist). I've even tried to open a previously exported CSV file in a text editor by right clicking on the file in the LBML File->Export dialog box and selecting Open With, but the text editor reports that the file doesn't exist.

Any thoughts on how LBML has apparently limited access to these directories and exported files? I've talked to someone else who uses LBML and he hasn't seen anything like this when using LBML.
Ido
Re: "Hidden" Export Files and Directories
September 05, 2013 06:25AM
It sounds like you have a third party application that is running the LBML in sandbox mode or something similar. Maybe an antivirus or defense program/firewall

Ido