Welcome! Log In

Advanced

NRF old drops

NRF old drops
January 01, 2013 06:02AM
Hey!

Thanks for a great program, exactly what i have been looking for!

Im currently using filters to hide NRF drops from the day before, but i would still like them to be visible on map, but with a different colour if they are older than the time i set.
EDIT: If possible with multiple colours for multiple times, for example recent drop red, 12h ago yellow, 24h ago green, where you set time and colour yourself.

So i would easy know if i droped same spot 5 times the last few weeks w/o ever getting anything there, instead of having em same colour as new drops or turn em off as only option.

Anyway keep up the great work!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2013 09:48AM by Chainsaw Voorhees Madness.
Ido
Re: NRF old drops
January 21, 2013 03:28PM
Hi how should the tool handle then different drop types ? we already have blue green pink for ore enm tre ... having 3 time color codes for these make it 9x different colors..+3 more for resources that were found... wont it be too much?

Ido

January 21, 2013 08:58PM
Ido
Hi how should the tool handle then different drop types ? we already have blue green pink for ore enm tre ... having 3 time color codes for these make it 9x different colors..+3 more for resources that were found... wont it be too much?

Ido

Hey Ido,

Thanks for your reply.

I havnt really been thinking about this since i only mine ore and never seen the other colours =)
I understand that this could be a problem for people mining all 3 at once, hence....

I would more like to see it as a feature you can turn on and off, maybe customize the colour for your need, to have anyone use it or disable it if they would like to.

I am never in the same area for long when mining, so i can easy loose track of where i was when. Thats why your program is perfect for me to get back to where i was., but....

Lets say i do a mining trip for 12 hours, i might put my settings to display NRF drops for 6 hours. So if an ore has respawned where i before had nothing, i would most likely search the area again, 6h laters.
Now i would like my NRF-drops to show for atleast 24h, but then its impossible for me to tell if i made a drop there 1 min ago, or 23.59h ago.

With different colours (that you customize yourself?) you can easy keep track when and where you made that drop. The time of colour-change must be for the user to customize (since i guess everyone has their own theories), but as an example you can put it to 3, 6, 12 and 24+h.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/21/2013 09:00PM by Chainsaw Voorhees Madness.
Ido
January 21, 2013 09:48PM
How about opacity ?
maybe make opacity steps .. so the older drops "fade" out? might be much easier for me to implement and might keep the map less cluttered with colors?

Ido

January 22, 2013 12:14AM
Hmm yeah i think it could do it.
As long as its easy enough to see the difference between the drops. (i guess this way would give you a limit of how many "stages" you want it to fade out, not to make the colour to identical, but it should cover atleast 3 different "colours"?)

If this is more easy for you, i say go for it. I just hope it will get as good as i pictured it with colours.