Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Please list the most annoying issues

Posted by Ido 
Ido
Please list the most annoying issues
January 01, 2014 04:08AM
Hi Everyone,

The next major update will be to the map engine. After that i would like focus mainly on user experience and the general usability and feel of the program. This is one of the final steps i would like to take before ending the BETA phase.

So please write about everything that annoys you in LBML and what you would like to see improved in the interfaces usability and various quirks of the software.

Re: Please list the most annoying issues
January 01, 2014 06:19PM
Good chat lastnight

I remembered somthing that's been bugging me, the program doesnt seem to rememebr the filters that you set when you next open it up, claim sizes you've selected and show only claims found today. I have to go into the filter settings and change it every time i open the program up again

Also would it be possible in the future to add a set set option so you can set up different item sets and switch between them quickly.

Kaza
January 02, 2014 06:37AM
Windows 8 compability? or is it just me that cant get LBML to run?
P.S. just recently got a PC with Windows 8(It kinda sucks grinning smiley )
January 03, 2014 01:59AM
Well seems i fixed the problem by reinstalling my windows...

What i want to see in the future is SOOTO being marked on the map
Something like a star symbol or anything else and that you could see what you found and where(renaming that star to your liking for example "Liakon arm guards (M)"winking smiley hope you understood what i meant
Ido
February 20, 2014 10:43PM
Sarah Kazanori Louise
Good chat lastnight

I remembered somthing that's been bugging me, the program doesnt seem to rememebr the filters that you set when you next open it up, claim sizes you've selected and show only claims found today. I have to go into the filter settings and change it every time i open the program up again

Also would it be possible in the future to add a set set option so you can set up different item sets and switch between them quickly.

Kaza

The tool should now remember these filters (for sizes and specific selected resources)

Im moving now into the phase of wrapping everything up into a nice package for the first stable release 1.0.0 ... please take some time and list all the things currently in the tool that work bad or are unintuitive etc .. so i can better them!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2014 10:45PM by Ido.
July 04, 2014 09:03AM
One thing I would like to see, and it should be an easy fix. When you are moving, the circle that shows your radius if / when you drop. The color currently is a whitish sort of. When you go into some areas this is near impossible to see.

It would be nice if there was a button or something on the main control panel, where we could choose which color to make the circle. Maybe have 3 or 4 colors available, Black / White / Red / Green. That way when I am in the snow area I can make the circle red it will be so much easier to see then.

Possibly something to make it a bit thicker also would be nice but that would be just fluff.

Thank you for a great program.

Sluggo

Ido
July 09, 2014 09:47PM
you can add your own custom texture for the circle if you would like it thicker (its in the map folder called player.dds) and you can change the colors to red or orange for high visibility in the config file.

July 20, 2014 07:47PM
What program do I use to open this file with. A text reader gives gibberish.

THanks
Sluggo

Ido
July 20, 2014 11:09PM
Please Google this phrase: "how to edit dds files"

February 18, 2023 02:25AM
I hope you are doing well.

I appreciate the time you spend trying to help, however, I was unable to successfully edit the player DDS nor do I know how to add it to the config file, unfortunately. I tried editing the player DDS file with photoshop plus the DDS plugin and it opens, but for some reason, it is a white screen. Can you please help me change the color of the drop circle, by pointing out an app that can do that?

Kind regards
Vladi
February 28, 2023 05:14AM
Just go into the Colors tab of LBML's settings to change drop circle colors.