Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Need Help With Error

Need Help With Error
September 28, 2021 03:44AM
Is anyone else having LBML simply close randomly and give you this error in the Event Log:

Application: LittleBigMiningLog.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.FileStream.ReadCore(Byte[], Int32, Int32)
at System.IO.FileStream.Read(Byte[], Int32, Int32)
at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadBuffer()
at System.IO.StreamReader.ReadLine()
at void.VisitorStruct.MapValue(System.Object, System.IO.FileSystemEventArgs)
at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnChanged(System.IO.FileSystemEventArgs)
at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyFileSystemEventArgs(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)
at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32, UInt32, System.Threading.NativeOverlapped*)

I thought it might be a .NET error, but my system says it is up to date.

I also get this file sent to Microsoft:

LittleBigMiningLog

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Users\m_har\OneDrive\Documents\LBMLv1.0.6.1\LittleBigMiningLog.exe
Creation Time: 9/27/2021 4:18:46 PM
Problem: Stopped working

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: LittleBigMiningLog.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.6.1
Problem Signature 03: 602f16b2
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 4.8.4400.0
Problem Signature 06: 60b90445
Problem Signature 07: 1694
Problem Signature 08: 219
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.IOException

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 42f1f5951783381483ee0d46d12c31ea (1436099928985973226)

It isn't really very helpful because it isn't giving me an error code or anything it simply is telling me the application crashed due to an unhandled exception. I checked to make sure there were no Windows Updates waiting. I turned off my antivirus. I don't know what else to try.

It does give me EventID: 1000 and provide this log:

Faulting application name: LittleBigMiningLog.exe, version: 1.0.6.1, time stamp: 0x602f16b2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1202, time stamp: 0x448a4f5d
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0012b5b2
Faulting process id: 0x6b98
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7b3da7e09d8dc
Faulting application path: C:\Users\m_har\OneDrive\Documents\LBMLv1.0.6.1\LittleBigMiningLog.exe
Faulting module path: C:\windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 4d36dcba-d75c-44e8-8184-55abe23c279c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

If anybody knows what I have done wrong I would appreciate any help.
Ido
Re: Need Help With Error
September 29, 2021 02:11AM
The file system watcher monitors the chat log for changes.
There are some programs that brute lock it like one drive..
if you can prevent that from being backed up it might help the crashing.

Cheers

September 29, 2021 04:48AM
I don't know how to tell Onedrive to stop backing up that folder since it's in my documents folder. I tried right clicking on the Entropia Universe folder, but my only option was "Always Keep On This Device" which is either checked or unchecked. If I uncheck it, it might delete it. Can you advise me on a way to prevent Onedrive from backing up that folder. All I can think to do is disable Onedrive altogether. On my other machine, which is also running Onedrive, I don't have this problem. It has the same version of Windows and everything. I don't understand why it works fine on one machine, but not the other. Basically I've been forced to not use LBML on the computer I'm having problems with which is my newest computer.

I found this article: [support.microsoft.com]. I followed the instructions and got an error that it cannot unsync the folder. Something about it is in the Windows documents folder which is vital to Windows whatever that means. It says it cannot stop syncing the folder. The only way for me to do it is to unlink Onedrive from my PC which causes other problems. It would seem that EU could've put the folder almost anywhere else except my personal folders and it wouldn't be a problem. A folder under users/my username/entropia universe would not create any problem for Onedrive. A folder in users/my username/documents/entropia universe does.

Unlinking Onedrive created a Windows error that constantly popped up claiming it needed an app to open something. I did find this: [support.microsoft.com]. It allowed me to uninstall Onedrive. EU isn't the only program that Onedrive causes problems for. I followed the instructions and uninstalled it. I don't have time to try out LBML to see if the problem is fixed right now. I will update you if it worked.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2021 05:10AM by Blaze Starburst Striker.
September 29, 2021 02:33PM
Uninstalling Onedrive worked. LBML is working rather well except that I've noticed that it has trouble following my position automatically. I may have to manually hit the position key in order for the program to locate my current position. As soon as I do a drop it locates the exact position of the drop without any problem. I've noticed this on all my computers not just my new one. I'm not sure what causes it, but sometimes it follows me and other times following a drop it seems to lose my position and doesn't follow me. It also seems to locate my position if I am attacked and have to defend myself.

At least it seems to be working now for the most part locating drops, claims, and reading claim deeds. I like to post a response to any forum where I have been given a solution that worked for other players that may have the same problem. I have noticed far too often that a suggestion is given, the player tries the suggestion and may do other things to resolve the issue, but they never do a final post to tell other players if the solution worked, or what they did to solve the problem.
October 03, 2021 09:03AM
In case anyone else has similar error messages it to check if you have Avast as an antivirus. If you do, it will also lock hard drive access. You can fix that by whitelisting your LBML folder in Avast.

As for your radar, there is a tutorial video that covers common complications (or how to avoid them): [www.youtube.com]

You probably just need to put a sticky note behind your radar.
October 07, 2021 05:13PM
I was able to reinstall Onedrive, and uncheck the sync box from the Entropia Universe folder. I am hopeful that I can both run Onedrive and at the same time keep it from locking the chat.log. I will test it later. I am currently in the middle of a rather large download and install, so I have to wait until that is finished. I will update this post if I am successful.

In resolving this issue, both the Entropia Universe folder and the LBML folder are no longer backed up by OneDrive. The program seems to be functioning correctly now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2021 06:13AM by Blaze Starburst Striker.
October 08, 2021 07:50AM
FYI, it's the LBML folder you need to make sure isn't syncing, though that may not matter if you keep LBML within the EU folder.