Cant figure out auto tracking/Black screen
March 31, 2021 06:24AM
Hey,
so I'm not able to get auto-tracking to work, when i go to calibrate the map, the image is all black. I use windows 10 and it seems that on it i cant disable desktop configuration so that might be the problem except that lbml can read chat fine.

What do i do?
Attachments:
open | download - lbml error.PNG (12 KB)
Re: Cant figure out auto tracking/Black screen
March 31, 2021 09:45AM
The black radar screen issue has come up a few times in the forum. It looks like it's very computer setting specific and hard to narrow down. It does look like it might be associated with multiple monitors. Try disabling and re-enabling monitors one-by-one or possibly changing your primary monitor temporarily. The only way to get around that right now seems to be to play around with your display, graphics settings, etc. just by trial and error.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2021 09:46AM by Tony Kingofaces Hans.
March 31, 2021 10:35PM
I only have one monitor (i use a laptop) and, when you say change graphics settings, do you mean in-game or on the computer?
April 02, 2021 10:54PM
Your computer display settings rather than in-game for this, though I haven't heard of a case of this with a single monitor yet. It's currently unknown what causes this bug, but some people have been able to get rid of the black screen by changing display settings mentioned in the related threads.
April 05, 2021 12:46AM
Ok, so where do I change these settings?
Also, I have been able to take normal screenshots in other games
April 05, 2021 12:48AM
ok so I just tried and I'm able to get a screenshot in-game, so am I doing something wrong with lbml?
April 05, 2021 12:49AM
I just tried and I'm able to get a screenshot in-game, so am I doing something wrong with lbml?
April 05, 2021 02:05AM
When I take a screenshot it says failed to read image. Could it be something with my resolution (the deed is in the image)

Also, when I mined the resource, the voice said resource depleted so it can clearly see someting
April 05, 2021 02:05AM
i think it can only read chat as it said resource depleted in chat
April 06, 2021 08:56AM
Chief M1cro F1ber
i think it can only read chat as it said resource depleted in chat

It would be helpful to keep replies to one post (just edit them) to try to address them in one go. You are correct on this.

As for display settings, that's just a right click on your desktop and click display settings.

Screenshots in-game don't really matter, LBML should be taking its own.

As for failed to read image, I've seen this a few times in the forum. If you aren't getting any other error messages, you might need to double check if you're using fullscreen or windowed mode in-game. Technically, only windowed mode is supported and some people have had issues with fullscreen causing this.
April 07, 2021 03:24AM
Ok, I've tried changing the resolution in display settings as I don't know what else could affect that and it still didn't work.

when using lbml I always use windowed mode as with only one monitor, I can't see what is happening if I'm in fullscreen.

Also just to be clear, if I wasn't, I only see a black screen where it shows how to resize the radar.

I just tried to scan a deed with lbml with the sky in the background and it still said failed to read image.
April 07, 2021 10:30AM
Usually it sounds like this black screen issue is not an in-game problem where scanning against different backgrounds would cause differences. Instead, the cause of that black screen seems to be some still unknown factor unique to some individual computers that doesn't let LBML screen capture properly through Windows.

That's partly why everyone with that problem has to go through trial an error on their own computer unfortunately. My only other advice at this point would be to use the search function to look up other posts here about the black screen radar. It's possible they might give you other ideas on settings to check on your computer.