Advanced

Wont update

Wont update
January 24, 2019 10:05AM
first time running LBML and it wont update get error

cant find Protect32.dll
Re: Wont update
January 26, 2019 09:04PM
Same issue here. And file from dl page seems to be infected.

A clean file has been found in a direct link in the forum in an last update topic.
Ido
January 27, 2019 08:17AM
The files are clean its just a false positive from some of the antiviruses .. im working on eliminating the issue.

January 27, 2019 03:25PM
Is that dll file that is blocked from being downloaded by anti virus ?

EDIT :

Had to turn down my antivirus to DL the zip file, finally i can see all the DLL inside.

Could you get us more information on this false positive ? On pcf some people also asked about this issue and need to be reassured. smiling smiley

Thanks a lot.

The file seemingly infected is the updater.exe

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/27/2019 07:55PM by Killashandra Liu Ling.
Ido
January 27, 2019 08:27PM
I started using a new obfuscator, a paid solution and I'm having problems fine-tuning the settings so that it offers adequate protection yet is not detected by antiviruses.

TessServer.exe is also detected by some antivirus as false positive you can see on the site [www.virustotal.com]

I'm working on upgrading the OCR engine so I can prevent memory leaks without the need of isolating it in a separate process. then I can eliminate the need for Inter Process Communincation with TessServer.exe for OCR purposes.

I'm thinking of eliminating the updater too since its more trouble than good.

Will see how it goes.

January 28, 2019 02:28PM
I've found a way to work around it.

Shut down AV for the download, then turn it back on. Install and refuse to update. This way the suspicious files are not solicited and everything works fine and safe.

By the way, are the signatures still working properly?(mine seems not to update )