Welcome! Log In

Advanced

issue with capturing map

issue with capturing map
July 24, 2016 10:35AM
LBML is downloaded and will run but when i try to capture map all i see is a black box where the map should be. I moved the radar to the top left of screen and sized it many different ways but no map. I've tried all of the steps in the "guide" section of site including the desktop compatibility tip but still nothing. I'm running windows vista and graphics for EU on medium.
Re: issue with capturing map
July 24, 2016 01:06PM
After some time messing with stuff, i finally got the map captured. Now on to my next mission, getting the the circle on the map to follow me. drinking smiley
Ido
July 24, 2016 05:03PM
what did you change to get the map instead of black box? others might find this helpful

July 25, 2016 03:32AM
Sorry, I should have posted how I did it, so here goes:

I followed the "Setting up" guide from 1.1 - 1.4.
Since i was getting the black screen, I then had to go to the "optional" part of the guide which is 1.5, "Disable Desktop Composition".
I tried doing what the guide says to do:

1) Rightclick the Entropia Universe\bin32\Entropia.exe file and select Properties
2) Open the Compatibility tab
3) Enable the "Disable Desktop Composition" checkbox

But i couldnt get it to work so i kind of stumbled onto the way thats listed below and so far so good.

So now I had to go to the folder and find the file. I have Windows Vista so this is how i did it:

Start>type "downloads" in start search>click on downloads folder>doubleclick on LBML folder>rightclick LittleBigMiningLog>click properties>click compatibility>Enable the "Disable Desktop Composition" checkbox>apply and thats how i got mine to work.

Afterwards i rightclicked the LittleBigMiningLog file and sent a shortcut to desktop.