Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Maps

Posted by DaJuggernaut 
Maps
November 12, 2017 01:42PM
I have 2 questions on maps, one regarding the map page on the mininglog.com site and one regarding the map pack.

1 - I have noticed a difference in the % of ores/enmatter found on the map page and the % shown when you scroll over each map section, which data is correct?

2 - There is currently no map for Secret Island on RT, is it possible to have a generic map loaded or one for secret island so we can track mining there?

I know this is technically not a bug, however, I posted the first question in ask the dev at least a month ago with no reply.
Ido
Re: Maps
November 12, 2017 07:33PM
Hi

1) What are the differences? I haven't noticed any.

2) Can you do mining on the secret island ? do the claims register correctly in LBML? I was under the impression there was no mining there.

Sorry i havent replied before.

Ido

Ido
November 12, 2017 07:34PM
also wasnt secret island on next island?

November 13, 2017 04:46AM
I will answer the secret island question first: Secret Island was moved to RT over 2 years ago. It was part of NI, but now is part of RT. LBML does not work at all when it is open and active when on secret island. You can mine on SI just like anywhere else, except LBML does not work because there is no corresponding map (I think that is why anyway).

Map Page - an example of the issue that I have noticed is this:

Look at the NW quad for NI, it indicates Quantium Stone as having 8%, now hover over the same quad with your cursor, you will see that Quantium Stone is not listed as a found mineral (in the pop up periodic table %s)

thanks for the reply Ido.
November 13, 2017 08:46PM
DaJuggernaut
1 - I have noticed a difference in the % of ores/enmatter found on the map page and the % shown when you scroll over each map section, which data is correct?

That's your browser caching images. If you want % to match, force refresh (Ctrl+F5 in most browsers these days).

...but if you don't, you can see which way the numbers are changing (those seen when hovering over are more recent).
November 14, 2017 06:45PM
Cunning Rat, thank you for the cache point, it actually did correct the issue with what I was seeing on the maps page. So that issue is no longer a problem.

The only remaining issue is getting LBML to work on Secret Island for me now.
January 06, 2018 04:51AM
Ido,
So in reviewing the files that are available from a map perspective, I see that there is a map for Secret Island, it is labeled map_ni_5 in the maps folder. However no map is activated when using LBML when on Secret Island. Can you please advise how the map can be correctly identified when using LBML on Secret Island.

FYI Secret Island transferred to Rocktropia quite a long time ago. It is accessible from a dragon tp (costing one rotten banana) to travel there from RT.
Ido
January 06, 2018 08:46PM
i have to move it to Rocktropia planet inside LBML i will do that in the next release but im in the middle of coding some new featurs so it will take a while still : )

January 07, 2018 02:22AM
Thank you Ido for the response.

Any estimate on the timing of the next release?

Any hints on the new features?

Regards,
DaJugger
Ido
January 12, 2018 02:04AM
no estimates but i'm working on data aggregation for maps

February 13, 2018 04:55PM
Hunt The THING has no map either. I have been mining there without LBML since it will not work in HTT.

"If you're not having fun, then you're doing it wrong!"
June 03, 2018 07:17PM
Ido,

It has been about 5 months since we identified that the SI map needs to be moved to the RT folder, any possibility you can do it some time in the near future?