Unable to scan radar
May 08, 2016 09:06PM
First of all, I 'd like to express my gratitude for your tool. Invaluable.
I have been using it for a while, all claim scans work flawlessly but I have never been able to get a "green" when clicking on the "Capture sample of radar" button.
As a workaround, I am forced to hit continuously the p key to refresh the position on the LBLM map, but that's far from ideal.
I have read all related posts, so here is my set up and steps I have taken:
1. I have an nVidia card (GTX780 with 6GB ram), with 3 displays configured. All settings seem to be default;
2. I run Entropia in Windowed mode (nowadays Full screen windowed mode);
3. I run the wizard for the radar detection both with a note (e.g. inventory) in the background as you suggested in another thread, or even better at night (see attachments) witha totally black background;
4. I have tried all sizes from small to as large as the capture window in settings allows;
5. I am using the version 1.0.4.0 with all updates on Windows 7 Pro;

The quality of the sample looks crystal clear to me and all the claims (using much smaller font size) are perfectly scanned.

I will keep hitting the "p" key, but it would be great to find a solution to this issue.

I know you use ATI cards but I was wondering if you can suggest anything about it.

Thank you very much
Attachments:
open | download - 2016-05-08_14h40_53.png (213.8 KB)
open | download - 2016-05-08_14h41_11.png (150.9 KB)
Ido
Re: Unable to scan radar
May 09, 2016 01:51AM
put your radar in top left of the game window, in the very corner.

Ido
May 09, 2016 01:52AM
also make sure to follow the 3 steps involving clicking

May 09, 2016 04:04AM
The most top left corner I can push it to is shown in the screenshot.
However it does not centre in the relevant Settings Window, as shown in the second screenshot and it never goes to green, no matter how I resize it, up to the max radar size. What am I doing wrong?
Attachments:
open | download - 2016-05-08_21h54_27.png (333.3 KB)
open | download - 2016-05-08_21h57_47.png (173.2 KB)
Ido
May 09, 2016 06:47AM
did you click on the white re-size arrow like it instructs you in step 2?

May 10, 2016 02:26AM
Yes, I start from smallest size and click capture. On red, I increase fractionally the size (by dragging the white bottom right corner of the radar) and click capture again. I iterate through the process until I get to the largest size of the radar. Green never shows.
Is the process described wrong?
Ido
May 10, 2016 03:51AM
Im the LBML screen grab in the auto tab of the settings window did you try clicking the white resize arrow?

May 10, 2016 05:27AM
There is some progress.
I get to the green, however the detected position jumps between the correct and somewhere random.
In other words, once I get the green, I could simply shift the background, while standing still, and the Radar position quality level changes from green to red and and back to green.
This makes me think that the background is interfering with the radar ocr scanning. If that is the case, here some questions:
If the radar has to stay in the top left corner, can you suggest how to disable the action set menu, which might interfere with the radar?
Also, is there anyway to set the radar at 100% opacity to prevent the background from interfering?
I confess I misunderstood the set up instructions and I thought the radar had to be placed in the top right position during the set up only, and that once completed successfully, I could have dragged it back to the default bottom right corner.
Ido
May 10, 2016 09:27PM
you can reposition the radar after you scan it for size.. if you find the background is interfering too much you can try a larger radar size and also you can try to put something like a note under the radar coordinates field.

Cheers
Ido