Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Ore and En-mat distribution change on Next Island

Ore and En-mat distribution change on Next Island
November 09, 2019 05:41AM
I haven't been to Next Island since the LARA pet screw up, but today I decided to do some mining there. I went to my normal "hot spots" and started hitting the crappy Dark Lysterium ore in areas that it has never been in before. It used to be that the upper right quadrant of NI was void of both Dark Lysterium and Praetonium. Both can be found there now. I am not a happy camper.

I do see that the LBML maps on this site have been updated to include that information. I guess the moral of this story is to check LBML's maps periodically so you don't run into unpleasant surprises like I just did. It would be nice if MA or the NI Planet Partner would give us a heads up when making changes like this.
Re: Ore and En-mat distribution change on Next Island
November 13, 2019 03:10AM
The moral of the story part 2. Even the LMBL maps are not accurate at this time. I am sure that as data is collected, that the ore distribution map will slowly begin to morph to the new distribution. Unfortunately, my ore/emat locations are no longer accurate on the map that is associated with my account. Is there a way to erase the emats/ores and start over?
Re: Ore and En-mat distribution change on Next Island
January 13, 2020 12:27AM
Just use the filter to exclude claims in the program itself after a certain date when you're in that area.

The other option is to export your LBML claims to mapping software like ArcGIS or QGIS where you can select what claims you want visible more easily. It doesn't really work as well if you want a real-time map that LBML gives you, but it's the option I use when I'm picking apart differences between areas in a more in-depth fashion.