Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Mining/Crafting

Posted by Bar King Boxer 
Mining/Crafting
November 25, 2015 01:33PM
Hello Everyone, I have been mining for a little while now, and am a lvl 11 prospector. I have been considering switching things up to take advantage of mining droughts by getting into crafting. One path is to get into component crafting first (Filters, Dampers, etc) then transition into tools after i reach lvl 11. Or i could jump direct into tools (where i would like to be in the end), and fight through the higher costs.

So i guess my question is more along the lines, if i go down either of these routes, will i just be getting a double dose of handing my money off to Entropia? Or if i craft with only items i mine, will it balance out (at some point)? My goal would be to never buy materials to craft.

Thanks for your insight/experience.
Re: Mining/Crafting
November 25, 2015 11:07PM
I operate along the same lines. I craft what i mine. You lose the decay and built in value losses, but you can use your mistakes and level your crafting. If you have to buy ingredients you lose more by adding mark up to your costs. Its all about minimizing your losses.
November 26, 2015 01:22PM
Great, Thanks for the feedback. It will be a long road, but it mixes things up a bit!
June 05, 2019 06:42AM
The hard truth is that you never balance out unless you eventually sell goods to other players for a markup! Until then you are trying to be as eco as you can. An occasional HOF can put you in the black, but they are rare.