Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Map ore borders

Map ore borders
September 06, 2013 06:53AM
Hello,
I have one question about the purpose of your maps (http://www.mininglog.com/maps.php). The planet surface is devided to big square sectors there, and specific ores are assigned to each of them. Are these sectors the actual "spawn ore-mix areas", thus can these assigned ores always be found on the whole square territory? Or is it just a generalization over randomly-placed drops by the lbml users over the whole territory?

Thank you
Mike
Re: Map ore borders
September 06, 2013 05:34PM
I cannot comment on the technicalities involved in having a map of the detail you envisage, but I will say that miners would not share their data so readily if such an accurate map were to be made public. So you will have to do your own detailed mapping, and use LBML as just a rough guide.
Ido
Re: Map ore borders
September 07, 2013 04:48AM
each map square is a separate EU server .. each server has areas where it spawns certain ores .. so the ores don't span the whole square .. its a generalization but should give you a pretty good idea of the ore distribution .. and if you want a specific resource you have information at least on which square you should be looking for it ; )

I do have a plan to make more detailed maps (there is a link on the front page asking for opinions)