Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Drop position improvement when using automatic position

Posted by UNKNOWN1232 
Drop position improvement when using automatic position
January 06, 2013 02:37AM
Hi!

So as far as I can tell this is roughly the way the tool works at the moment:
screen capture n, no drop: Capture screen > check position on radar and if user dropped a probe > update map > flush data.
screen capture n+1, drop: Capture screen > check position on radar and if user dropped a probe > check what resources are being searched for > update map > flush data.

What I would like to have is the position data to be saved from "screen capture n" in the example above and then using that and the position at "screen capture n+1" to calculate the position between these two points as the actual drop position. I think that this would make the tool more accurate.
Re: Drop position improvement when using automatic position
July 14, 2013 07:57AM
Or a much easier way is to integrate the hotkey feature where if you push the hot key while auto detect is on it will grab the current position without adding a drop to you run count.

I think the position issue with autodetect is due to the ocr latency. The reason I prefer auto detect is because otherwise my drop count is off when using hotkey because it cant tell when dropping vs when opening finder.
Ido
Re: Drop position improvement when using automatic position
February 20, 2014 10:21PM
its not so easy to get this right .. might work for you but not for someone else ... if you stop when dropping the measurement might be off, if you interpolate the position.

My tool does not send any keystrokes to the game .. to bad there is no macro feature ingame that you can bind multiple actions to 1 key click

best would be to have maybe Position binded to the left mouse button together with item action grinning smiley