Welcome! Log In

Advanced

Check LBML Map from another decive (smartphone, tab...) while playing

Posted by UNKNOWN2050 
Check LBML Map from another decive (smartphone, tab...) while playing
November 27, 2012 10:53PM
Hi

My suggestion:

I'd like to check LBML from another device, possibly through web access or something else, server/client, etc... That way you could play while checking LBML map in your tab or smartphone, or another pc.

What do you think?
Ido
Re: Check LBML Map from another decive (smartphone, tab...) while playing
November 27, 2012 11:34PM
Its possible to do but hard to implement .. a lot of data has to be communicated and i would have to design the display engines specifically for the devices ...

Unless someone strongly funds this feature i don't think its something i will attempt. Sorry

Best Regards
Ido Sunrider

November 28, 2012 02:26AM
While I of course would love to see an Android App for that kind of feature, I agree that it's quite hard to do, especially with the many different devices out there.
There is, however, a pretty simple way to do at least the second best thing: You could start a webserver on the machine running LBML and just display a self-refreshing picture of the map as seen in the map window. Sure, unknown entries could not be entered and filters not edited, etc., but for the most common use (can i drop another bomb here?) it should suffice.
November 28, 2012 03:28AM
I understand Ido, Thanks.
November 28, 2012 03:30AM
The first thing I tried was using dual screen, and teamviewer to the second screen, but EU crashes sad smiley. Is there some way to make it work?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2012 03:34AM by UNKNOWN2050.
November 28, 2012 03:32AM
Thanks Rahel, I'll try it.
Ido
November 28, 2012 03:45AM
Rahel Werdi Werdon
While I of course would love to see an Android App for that kind of feature, I agree that it's quite hard to do, especially with the many different devices out there.
There is, however, a pretty simple way to do at least the second best thing: You could start a webserver on the machine running LBML and just display a self-refreshing picture of the map as seen in the map window. Sure, unknown entries could not be entered and filters not edited, etc., but for the most common use (can i drop another bomb here?) it should suffice.

second best thing would eat up a LOT of bandwidth grinning smiley especial if you want to use the feature to figure out if to drop another claim that means at least once a sec to be usable grinning smiley

I don't think its a good solution

Does entropia crash when you have 2 monitors connected?
I know LBML has an issue when you try to operate the map in a dual screen setup .. hopefully the new map engine will fix this issue.

Ido

Ido
November 28, 2012 03:48AM
I think i miss read .. starting a web server on the machine where LBML is running on might do the trick if its running on local network yeah ...
not sure how to go about it tho would the user need to have IIS installed or apache ?

Ido

November 28, 2012 03:58AM
Neither, easiest solution would be to include a webserver to your code - there are nifty little libraries like [code.google.com] that should do the trick.
Ido
February 20, 2014 10:35PM
Ok i would like to update you with some of my plans

I have just released a new version of the map engine.. i designed it so it is quite separated from the main application .. the intention is to have the LBML act as a data server for another satellite app that will just provide basic map interaction. This secondary app will be intended for example a secondary PC or a laptop.

I would like point out if this is to run on an ipad or android tablet etc .. we would have to crowdfund my effort to implement it .. since i dont have the licenses or skills to develop for those platforms.

This is not a priority atm but something that is planned for the future winking smiley

Cheers
Ido